• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sexual harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rude-user

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

how do I know what is allowed and not allowed at an office? like someone makes a joke and I give her a high five. How can I be sure that's not sexual harassment?

Just Blue

how do I know what is allowed and not allowed at an office? like someone makes a joke and I give her a high five. How can I be sure that's not sexual harassment?
Depends. Who knows. What "type" of joke?

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights

You can't. So don't.

shegerianlaw

If anyone touches you and give any sign which you don't like it is in harassment and you have right to protest you and you can say state not to do that with you or if anyone do it again you can take legal action against him.

Sexual harassment includes many things...

Actual or attempted rape or sexual assault.
Unwanted pressure for sexual favors.
Unwanted deliberate touching, leaning over, cornering, or pinching.
Unwanted sexual looks or gestures
Unwanted letters, telephone calls, or materials of a sexual nature.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">