• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sexual harassment at church

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bwomack1

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I am the treasurer of our small church. I make a very small salary for this position. Our pastor and I have been friends. He is 30 yrs. older then I. He would ask me to meet him for breakfast occasionally to discuss church business. One day he crossed the line when telling me good-bye. He kissed me on the mouth and put his tongue in my mouth!! I was too afraid to tell the church or my husband for fear of what would happen. He kept this up and when I couldn't take it anymore I told my husband who happens to be a deacon in our church. I wrote a letter to our deacon board explaining what happened. They told our whole church WHO I was and what I claimed. Now over half the church is against me. Our pastor's daughter wrote me a threatening letter daring me to come back to the church. She is threatening to sue me for slander. Now the people from the church that are on my side want me to come back to the church and stand up and tell my side of the story to the whole church. I fear retaliation from his family. What should I do?

Thank-you!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

This is a "legal site", not a "morality site." We try not to delve into morality issues, and we definitely stay away from church issues.

We weren't there, and we can't tell you how to conduct your life - - within, or outside of, "church".

IAAL

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Hey, we try to leave old posts in the past because laws can change a lot and we want to keep issues current with current laws.

Okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">