• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sexual harassment...what next?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kasimm

I live in CT and work for a small industrial company.
One of the owners made physical sexual advances towards me, I notified my supervisor, he investigated and the harasser
admitted to everything. I tried to continue my work while the other partners had meetings about the incident (today).
I became so upset and nervous that I left work after a few hours. I don't know if I will be able to remain there as an employee. I like my job very much.
I am supposed to meet with them in the morning.
What do I do? What should I expect from them?
Are they obligated to do anything?
I don't see how they can "fire" one of the partners.

ALawyer

Just show up and remain calm. And when you leave the meeting, write down everything that went on, in detail, in private. If they ask you what you want done, you might say I really have not thought of that, but I expect that you will do the right thing and that I won't have to consult a lawyer. Regardless, you may want to do so thereafter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">