• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sexual harrasment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ebegun

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Missouri

I was accused of sexual harrasment. But I know I did not sexual harras anyone. Do I have a right to accuse the person who accused me? If neccessary sue the company? :)

ENASNI

oh jeesh another one i am using up this font

more input more input beep beep information wanted if more information wanted beep beep beep

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The answer to your question, as asked, is NO. You cannot sue the company and nothing in your post supports your "accusing" someone else.

For the record, and I am not saying this is what happened because you haven't given enough facts but just so you know, you may not have intended to sexually harass anyone but that doesn't mean you didn't. It's possible, if you don't really understand what sexual harassment is (and a lot of people don't) to sexually harass someone without either meaning to or knowing that you are doing so.

ebegun

Harassment

More info--
An employee stated to me he heard I was having an relationship with another male employee. He gave me the names of the people who made the the alleged statement. I questioned the people and they both denied saying anything. I believe them. But one of the people who made the alleged statement asked me about a rumor of him having an affair. I told him I did hear of it. During our conversation, the accuser stated numerous time along with another person, " I hope you had a good time". Refering to his alleged affair with the other person. He directed that statement to the other half of his alleged affair companion. I never made such a statement. I just want to know what I can do if anything.

If you need more info please contact me. I didn't want to use names.

Thank You

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No. Nothing in your post gives you any legal cause of action. For one thing, you have suffered no damages.

ebegun

Sexuall harassment

Can my employeer do anything to me? If my employeer can do anything to me, do I have recourse? I did not make the statement he is saying I did.

S

seniorjudge

ebegun said:
Can my employeer do anything to me? If my employeer can do anything to me, do I have recourse? I did not make the statement he is saying I did.
What did your employer say you did?

We are NOT allowed to pull teeth here.

Dental requlations, you know.

Last edited:

ebegun

Sexual Harassment

They are saying I said to one person, "I hope you had a good time". Refering to the affair situation. I never said that, the person involved in the alleged affair said that numerous times to his alleged affair partner.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If the employer believes that you did say this, and believes it is inappropriate, he can legally fire you even if he is mistaken. No. You would have no recourse if this happened.

Personally I think you're either leaving out major facts, or else making a mountain out of a molehill, one or the other.

ebegun

Sexual Harassment

Thank you for your time and answers. No, I'm not leaving any info out or making a mountain over a mohill. But thanks again

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">