• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sexual Harrasment/Phyiscal abuse in the workplace.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pineypat

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NEW JERSEY

This is a quite peculiar question. A friend of mine is a dancer at a gentlemen's club and during her routine a male visitor forced her head towards his crotch, this male had enough force on her neck to the point she was unable to escape so she retaliated by slapping him, after her palm hit her face the male then punched her in the eye causing substantial swelling as well as bruising. Not only that but she was told to leave and the bouncers had told her he is a valued customer (upon hearing this I suppose that no action was taken towards him) I know its a risk working in a place such as that, but she wants to take legal action towards the establishment, I am however aware the police have not been notified. Herself and I would really like some advice, on this matter.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
She is welcome to discuss what happened with an attorney and see what options he, or she, thinks your friend has.

ecmst12

No respectable club would allow a dancer to be treated like that. She should never set foot in there again and YOU should tell all your friends not to patronize such a dump.

Unfortunately most clubs treat the dancers as independent contractors, so that may limit her options. But it definitely couldn't hurt for her to have a talk with a lawyer.

She should definitely have called the police on the guy who assaulted her though.

justalayman

what action do you believe she as against the establishment?

She can call the police and report the assault by the customer on her person.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">