• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

shift change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lancelot1

What is the name of your state? Washington
I have been employeed in the refuse business as a mechanic for sixteen years. In the past year three new mechanics have been hired to work a swing shift and they agreed to this shift at the time of hire. Now i am told that one of them is having marital problems and that it is not fair for them to have to work the swing shift all the time so, I was informed that we will rotate. Is this a fair labor practice since I was not hired to work nights and they were. Why should I change my life stile just because they do not want to work the shift they were hired for? Is there legal action I can take?

HomeGuru

lancelot1 said:
What is the name of your state? Washington
I have been employeed in the refuse business as a mechanic for sixteen years. In the past year three new mechanics have been hired to work a swing shift and they agreed to this shift at the time of hire. Now i am told that one of them is having marital problems and that it is not fair for them to have to work the swing shift all the time so, I was informed that we will rotate. Is this a fair labor practice since I was not hired to work nights and they were. Why should I change my life stile just because they do not want to work the shift they were hired for? Is there legal action I can take?
**A: please list the details on how your life "stile" would change and how you would be damaged.

JETX

"Is this a fair labor practice since I was not hired to work nights and they were."
*** Yes.

"Why should I change my life stile just because they do not want to work the shift they were hired for?"
*** Because they are the employer and they asked you to. If you don't like it, you can quit. If you refuse, they can terminate you. Your choice.

"Is there legal action I can take?"
*** Of course. The Constitution gives you the right to take legal action against almost anyone over almost anything. But you do NOT have a valid claim in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">