• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cinderella324

What is the name of your state? ohio
i am a business manager in a dental practice,i have three assistants and between the four of us we work out a schedule that works well for all of and our personal lives(school,kids)this works well and our boss is satisfied with the arrangements. I however do have added responsibilities managing all of the accounts,and the other three do all the data entry. so you would think this is perfect whats the problem? the problem is the dental assistant that is employed by the Doctor. she always seems to have a problem with what someone else is or isn't doing.recently she gave this outline to our boss,it was very insulting and damaging to my assistants but mainly to me,she attacked me verbally and my boss,not wanting to make waves let her get away with it and gave her the raise. Now, since it has become common knowledge between the 4 of us andmy boss that this has happened he feels he wants to do something to make it right,
in short she said that we take advantage of him,give ridiculous excuses,he needs rules,she claimed to do a majority of my work,claimed she makes me look good,claimed i am never there to do work,and the kicker she wants to be the same,same money,same vac days,same holiday pay,same salary,said i could keep office manager title,she wants to see my time sheets for the last few months and she will keep track of my vacation days.
can she be terminated for this? if he doesn't do anything can i file some sort of suit against her? any advice would be helpful

S

Sinsaint26

No, you cannot file any type of suit against her. Look at it this way, lots of people help others do their job and after a while feel as if they are doing that job. She is stating the opinion that she is doing your job and she cannot be terminated for this. It does sound as if your boss has given her statements little credence so you have suffered no damages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">