• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slander and Harrassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brunito

What is the name of your state? New York
I am a Licensed Social Worker in New York State and I am a civil servant employed with city government. I received two voice messages from a private practice psychiatrist regarding a case that I reviewed. In the first message, the psychiatrist, not pleased with my decision, proceded to state that I am insane, incompetent, that I should beg for forgiveness and ended by stating, "you call yourself a social worker"? My supervision called him back and left a voice message stating not to call me back and that she would be addressing the matter and that he should call her back. The psychiatrist called me back the next day stating that I must call him back. This harrassment has caused me some personal distress. What options do I have legally, if any? Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">