• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slander....well kinda

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sunnyside

What is the name of your state? Ohio
I know I don't have a case for slander from reading other messages posted here.
My recently acquired boss made a comment in the management meeting about another manager and myself being "boyfriend/girlfriend." We are both married, only talk to each other and there has never been any form of touching. This happened a couple weeks ago so of course, I haven't been "damaged" by this....yet. On the other hand, our spouses could get knowledge of this if others chose to talk which could have the potential to do some damage. My question is this: Is there something I can say to her that will put her in her place with a legal realm to it so that she knows she is at risk of legal action if this situation takes off other than informing her of her very unprofessional attitude when addressing this other manager? Thank you.

Beth3

Why do you need to threaten her with legal action? Why not speak to your new boss privately and tell her that you were very offended by her comment, it's not remotely true, such comments can be damaging both professionally and personally, and to please not say anything like that again? I presume your new boss was just joking around and doesn't realize she upset you. If she's a reasonable person, she'll apologize and that will be the end of it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">