• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statue of Limitations in WA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kelli M

What is the name of your state? WA
I had an incident happen a year ago that encouraged me to leave a position in the construction field, and yes, I'm female. I'm wondering if legally I can still pursue it. I wasn't emotionally in a place to conquer it at the time, but have reason now. Can this be dealt with now and what is the time limit on a case like this?
Thanks a million!What is the name of your state?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If it happened a year ago you are out of luck. The limit for filing a discrimination claim, which is what I assume you are asking about, is 180 days, which in some instances and some states can be extended to 300 days. I don't know offhand Washington is one of those states or not, but even if it is, a year is 365 days - too long.

That's assuming the incident even warrants a claim - you have not provided enough information to say.

Kelli M

I was afraid of that. Should have pursued it sooner, but oh well. I have no doubt in my mind it was a viable claim, but didn't think it necessary to post details, as you were able to answer my question without. Thank you for letting me know the time frame, it's much appreciated. Hopefully the next employee vicitimized follows through in a timely manner.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">