• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stealing students

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lillytrawick

I'm going to cosmetology school, and I don't know who, but a student or several students are stealing my tools from my locker locker and the teachers won't do anything but make me buy new tools. Can I sue the school?

quincy

I'm going to cosmetology school, and I don't know who, but a student or several students are stealing my tools from my locker locker and the teachers won't do anything but make me buy new tools. Can I sue the school?
The state name is needed but some questions: Why can't you put a lock on the locker to prevent theft and/or why can't you take the tools with you? If items belonging to you are stolen, you can report the thefts to the police.

lillytrawick

The state name is needed but some questions: Why can't you put a lock on the locker to prevent theft and/or why can't you take the tools with you? If items belonging to you are stolen, you can report the thefts to the police.
Im in arizona. And it IS locked. I had my scissors stolen ouof it. Oher times i left my work area to go get supplies and they would take my straightener or blow dryer. They broke my stand! And I'm not their only victim...and the teachers or staff won't do anything.

quincy

Im in arizona. And it IS locked. I had my scissors stolen ouof it. Oher times i left my work area to go get supplies and they would take my straightener or blow dryer. They broke my stand! And I'm not their only victim...and the teachers or staff won't do anything.
File a police report.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">