• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Supervisor prayer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beth3

I didn't say he couldn't pray, even out loud for all who want to participate. However, I choose to pray to my God not his. So pray to your own God. No one stopped you from doing so.

I believe it's illegal to force anyone to do any religious service. (a) It's not, (b) this wasn't a religious service. It was a moment of prayer.

And to use that one pays them as an excuse to infringe on their right to religious freedom is morally wrong. Nobody infringed on your rights. You have gone WAY overboard on this.

Is it now legally wrong or do I need to help make it so. No, it was not legally wrong.

No illegal action occured because no adverse action took place due to your religious beliefs. You were not demoted or terminated because you are not of the same faith as your supervisor. THAT is religious discrimination - not having to stand silently for a few minutes while your supervisor offered a prayer for a co-worker who died.

It seems to me that the basis of every legitimate religion and values-based belief system is tolerance, which you seem to be badly lacking.

BelizeBreeze

So much adu about nothing.

JESUS H. CHRIST!!! I said a prayer each and every day in College sitting right at my desk and no one said a word. In fact, many joined in until I started dating my professor, then the prayer wasn't needed any longer.

So, as a public service, I offer it here. If it offends then please turn your head.

O Lord, hear my anxious plea
Calculus is killing me
I know not of 'dx' or 'dy'
And probably won't until the day I die.

Please, Lord, help me in this hour
As I take my case to the highest power.
I care not for fame or loot
Just help me find one square root.

And Lord, please let me see
One passing mark in organic chemistry.
Oh such a thing I constantly dread
I'd just as soon join the Marines instead.

Lord, please give me a sign
That you've been listening all the time.
Please lead me out of this constant coma
And give me a shot at my diploma.

S

seniorjudge

seniorjudge said:
Was there someone who is a victim here?

Were YOU required to do anything or just stand/sit?
frostbiteblue, you never did directly answer these questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">