• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

supervisors harassment retaliation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

no1sfool

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I was injured on the job some month ago do to the guidance's of a new supervisor who had no knowledge of the department I work in. If I did not follow his orders I would wrote up for insubordination a subject to time off with no pay to being fired. Now I have returned to work at full duty, but not to my normal job as a mechanic. But due to the language of the labor contract the supervisor said he can put any where he sees fit. First was doing beginning laborer jobs to maintenance division sister department to my own auto department the millwright department. This department has allot of safety lockout procedures to follow by and if you violate one thing you can receive time out without pay or terminated.

I tried to follow his orders to the letter so I don't have a reason to wrote up. I tried to go to my HR and upper management with my problem with no help. The company think this supervisor is the best thing to apple pie and that he can do no wrong, so I must follow his orders. I e-mailed the corporate business and ethics director of the company with no results. I also have a couple of grievances written up on this supervisor with my union and now we are waiting on the union representative for a month and a half to work they level of the grievance. I feel that all I have gone to seek help have fail me and as a Union Officer I can't understand how the corporate America can change the rules on a contract without working with the other side on it and as a Native American I can see how corporate America can do what it can because the government did it the the natives. Take anything away, push people around, down grade you, and brand you a savage.

The last week I work under head game of pressure by being assigned a job and to have this supervisor stand and watch me. He'll leave for about 15 to 20 minutes and return to stand or sometimes hide and watch me perform my work. This may me uneasy and if you stop he would come over and demand me that I was not getting him 100% and I had to get back to work. After four days of this I quit because I was not going to have this supervisor push me into being violent behavior. My wife has seen a change in my behavior last week, she told me that I was very short with any body around me and that this is not a normal behavior that she ever seen in me, so she told me that I'll be better quitting before things get worse.

So my best way to vent off is to go legal with the problem and maybe I can still be helping my brothers and sisters of my local union. I have the best emotional help from my loving wife but I like to see if I can put a stop to this power hungry supervisor and his abusive power over some good hard workers that makes managers and corporate manager salaries.

If there's anything that I can do to stop this harassment behavior please let me know so I can get started to help not just myself but the other good people I had served in my local union. thank you

Last edited:

Beth3

Corporate American doesn't change the rules of a union contract - that's something that the employer and the union negotiate jointly and that the union membership (including you) vote on. If ultimately the union membership rejects the terms the employer is offering, there are several options whether going on strike, filing a complaint with the National Labor Relations Board that the company isn't negotiating in good faith, etc.

I understand why you'd be upset/on edge if you're being subjected to some heightened scruitiny by your supervisor but I don't see any form of prohibited harassment taking place. Nor do I understand why you feel anyone has branded you a savage.

no1sfool

I did work for a large corporation and that this plants management is changing the rules of the contract as they see fit. Its to they benefit not the union side and they are not working out with the union but taking action themselves. As one of the Union Officers I have confronted management on this matter and was told if I don't like it then file a grievance and the only thing with at is it goes up through the management before the union rep. gets involved. And for the harassment acouple of my formal co-workers called me to inform me that one was told by another supervisor that the harassing supervisor was toelling him that he was very happy and relieved that he finally had gottin rid of me and now all of the greivances that was wrote up on him had now been drop. This greivances had been sitting for a month and a half at the union rep and the plant manager level. And another co-worker had called me to tell me he had heard the same thing but right out of the mouth of this supervisor, and that all of the b.s. in the shop had stop ( no more bird dogging any one ). If this is not harassment then please tell me what is thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">