• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminated for Being Pregnant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nigeledge

What is the name of your state? KENTUCKY

Greetings,

My wife was called in to work this afternoon and informed that her employment was terminated citing "poor customer service" as the reason. My wife has been spoken to once before about her customer service skills. Incidentally, this first complaint occurred several days after she informed her boss she was pregnant. Since telling her employer she was pregnant, my wife has expressed fear that her employer was not happy with her pregnancy because of the possibility of missing work when the baby arrives. My wife has an excellent customer service track record in her line of work with several dozen recommendations and awards in customer service. I am extremely outraged by this as I believe she was fired because of her pregnancy. As a personnel manager for several years I know the actions of her employer constitute suspicious and possibly illegal business practices.

I would appreciate any help you may provide in this matter. What should we do?

Thanks for your time.

S

Sinsaint26

As long as the employer has fifteen or more employees you can file a complaint with your local EEOC and ask that it be dually filed with the appropriate state agency. The phone number for the Kentucky office is 502-582-6082. Your wife needs to file the complaint on her own behalf. Then you need to call an attorney who specializes in employment law for employees. You didn't say when this happend but there is usually a 180 day time period in which you must file otherwise her rights are forever lost. I noticed your post didn't have any actual questions. If you have questions please feel free to post them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">