• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

text message harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bothered.mom

This person that I know is harassing me through text, I didn't reply to any of her messages. I wanted to report this to the police. What evidence can I show to prove that she's harassing me? Im living in California and she lives in Colorado.

Your reply would be appreciated. thanksWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Banned_Princess

This person that I know is harassing me through text, I didn't reply to any of her messages. I wanted to report this to the police. What evidence can I show to prove that she's harassing me? Im living in California and she lives in Colorado.

Your reply would be appreciated. thanksWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
all of the text messages.

why dont you just block this person from texting you, or calling you?

davew128

For texting? I know for a fact T-Mobile and Sprint don't offer it and AT&T charges a monthly fee as its part of parental controls. Verizon allows you to block 5 numbers for free.

Proserpina

For texting? I know for a fact T-Mobile and Sprint don't offer it and AT&T charges a monthly fee as its part of parental controls. Verizon allows you to block 5 numbers for free.

T-Mobile does - we've been able to block certain numbers from texting us.

(We've had to do that with our #2's STBX unfortunately).

I wasn't being argumentative or picky, Dave - I'm genuinely curious.

Now, don't ask me how because I have no idea. I'm the food guru of the house, not the technophile.

;):cool:

davew128

T-Mobile does - we've been able to block certain numbers from texting us.

(We've had to do that with our #2's STBX unfortunately).

I wasn't being argumentative or picky, Dave - I'm genuinely curious.

Now, don't ask me how because I have no idea. I'm the food guru of the house, not the technophile.

;):cool:
Ok, now you have ME curious. Because what you just said flies in the face of this: T-Mobile Support Community: Message Blocking

Proserpina

Ok, now you have ME curious. Because what you just said flies in the face of this: T-Mobile Support Community: Message Blocking

I just read that, yes!

And I do feel somewhat idiotic. I don't know how - but I do know that his number is blocked completely. He simply cannot text us.

Now, there IS a restraining order against him and criminal charges for DV - I have NO idea if that has any bearing.

But yes, now I'm thoroughly confused.

:eek:

applecruncher

This is the Employment/Labor Law forum. Is the person texting you someone you work with/for?

solarsistar

My ex did the same, i took it to the police then eventually i was able to get a TPO on him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">