• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Threaten by supervisor in private

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

veryhardworker

What is the name of your state? Texas
Help I have been threaten by my supervisors in private several times. I work at a state agency. I have gone to our main office in the past concerning being talked down to and threaten in private. I have asked in the past to either tape record or have a witness present. They denied my requests. I have other concerns that I have been trying to work out about being discriminated and singled out. I am being pulled in with two supervisors both who are making threatening statements to me. I have requested to have any staff present to witness these meetings, but was denied. Since I can not bring a tape recorded in, everything is my word against theirs. I know in the past they would bring a staff in and both say that the staff was yelling at them or being insubordinate. Then write them up, when the staff didn’t do any of these things. Also during phone conversations they will do the same thing. I have two witnesses that were next to me on the phone when I was talking to one of them. I asked them prior to listen so nothing could be said that I said this or that. And sure enough they said I said something back when I didn’t. Everything being done to me is in retaliation to a grievance I wrote about policy not being followed. Please any help anyone could give me would be helpful. I am going to file with the EEOC but I have to finish getting all the information together and drive out of town to do this. I need to know what can I do now to protect myself from being accused of something I didn’t do. Plus after they find out that the EEOC is going to do an investigation I know a lot of things are going to be made up. Please help me.

Beth3

What kind of threats are they making? That they're going to take you in the closet and beat the heck out of you? That they won't give you a pay raise next year? That they'll make you eat the 4 day old jello out of the vending machine?

You need to explain in what manner they're threatening you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">