• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

threatened

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mamacobalt

What
is the name of your state? kentucky

i am a female corrections officer at the womens prison. we are all exhausted and stressed because of mandates which require us to work the next shift because officers don't show. none mind doing a double if it's an emergency, etc. we're doing them because the midnight officers and their supervisors just don't want to come to work. this all got out of control over the holidays. i called the main office to ask some questions about the mandates. i think that was the mistake-going over his head. i was called into the deputy wardens office that night to talk about my job performance.during this questioning he told me i was dangerous-anti social and had behavioral problems. i'm shocked. he asked me what do i want from you? i said obviously a change in my behavior. he said he'd be watching me very closely, very closely and if that didn't happen he'd give me more stress than i've ever had in my life. i made an appoint with our counseling service. took tests which show no problems-saw my dr.-no problems-he put me on Celexa. what to do?

Beth3

Follow through on any course of treatment and therapy the medical/behavioral professionals recommend. Nothing in your post suggests your employer has violated any laws. Your employer is entitled to their opinion about your behavior.

Unless the deputy warden has had specific and in-depth psychological training, one certainly doubts his ability to diagnose the problem though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">