• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Threatened in the workplace

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jsscheh

What is the name of your state? MN

Recently a co-worker threatened me with violence in the workplace & also threatened to come to my home. This was totally unprovoked. I went to my manager about this & was told nothing could be done because no one had seen him do it. I was told I could contact the police, off work grounds. I said "why bother, if you don't believe me, would they?" I feel this character is a threat to me & do not feel comfortable working with him.....is there anything I can do? I don't want to quit my job but I am afraid of retribution from him.
Thanks.

pattytx

File the police report. Just because your boss doesn't believe you, the police might. Also, the employer should be providing you a physically safe environment to work in. Can you speak with HR about this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">