• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Title 7 abuse, discrimination, over 40 abuse?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oboy5353

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? oklahoma

I am a 58 year old male.age My concern is male and age discrimination in the workplace I was promoted by a district manager I had worked for 4 years. He left after 60 days of my promotion.I replaced a 32 year old woman, she had a full time assistant. With my new district manager he took the assistant away from me the exact day my first district manager left. I am doing the work of two people, both women. He told me the company is losing money.. I am now on my second notice of poor performance. I am doing more additional work than the previous woman. He has hired more people.He expects me to do it all, I suspect he has set me up to fail, I see a younger male hired the exact day my new district manger came in.He is 20 years younger than I. He had worked for the company before. He is in the district mangers office many times a day. I work non stop from 7.20 am till 5.45 pm.No lunch, no breaks. He says I work harder than anyone, I am just not doing it to his approval. I am dispatcher for a national auto parts company. I am to recieve the parts from the warehouse, I match 200 to 300 invoices a day, I carry the product to the counter, this is cases of oil, cases of antifreeze etc. I sign out the 14 drivers, collect the invoices on return, collect the money, run the credit card slips, problem solve when the warehouse sends the wrong parts, and route the exact way the new district manager wants. I am also given more computer duties than the woman I replaced. I was a model employee before I was promoted. I trained all the new drivers I now supervise. I am being blamed for the slower sales of the company. I am being blamed for so called delivery times. The HR department is out of state, I am told I might get a phone call from them. My job depends on others before me doing their job correctly.My performance suffers because I have to clean up their mess. It is easy for others before me to sabatouge me. when wrong product is inputted, wrong numbers etc. I wrote on the first poor evaluation, discrimination and verbal abuse, I was not getting the same help the previous woman got. And verbal abuse from some of the drivers under me. I got no reply on the discrimination comment, no help on the verbal abuse. I noted on the second performance Title 7 abuse and intimidation by my district manager and my direct supervisor. When I I ask for support from certain poor performance drivers, this is when the retaliation against me begins. I have little of the supervisor power the woman before me has. This woman was a high school friend of my boss. She left because of the so called BS that she had to put up with. I feel I am being discriminated againts. I am the first male to have this present dispatcher job in 12 years.I see discrimination against clients every day. Phone salesman play favorites, and when I do not discriminate against other clients, they go straight to my boss. What is my defense to keep my income, my job? Is this worker over 40 abuse? Is this Title 7 abuse,Am I being targetd out of my job because of my age? In my new district mangers thoughts, I am never allowed any error :-( I must be perfect :-(What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Hot Topic

Unfair treatment is not necessarily illegal.

You haven't provided any proof that you're the victim of age discrimination.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">