• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unclear, Harrasment, Discrimination - Or nothing at all?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ruffian

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Recruited by a company not quite 2 yrs ago. One performance eval since that time on 1 yr anniversary. Very good, no evals since. Last few months nothing I do seems to be right. Few weeks ago summoned to hr and given a "memo" outlining disciplinary action. Result = few days off w/o pay, change of work hours, change of home office 5 months probation. Reminder that termination can take place anytime during probation if things don't improve. No verbal warnings prior. Currently one of the highest paid employees in my department, the only female and 54 yrs. old. Department has become "heavy" with employee hires at much lower salaries. As a result, hate going to work, being held to standards entirely more stringent then my counterparts. Last straw, company does a 13th check to all employees. Me , nope because of probation. Can't find that outlined in employee manual. Issue I spoke about previously are not performance issues as the related to my job. i.e, my goals are met each month etc. Thoughts?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Nothing in your post suggests either illegal harassment or discrimination. You were female and over 50 when you were recruited. If you have additional facts that you think would change the answer, please share them.

commentator

You've got a job you detest. They're not being nice to you. Legally, nothing. But you always have the option to find another job, quit and move on. Or quit, move on without unemployment or severance, and try to find something else. Or keep working there and try to get in a better situation, deal with the hassles, etc At least, try to do that, don't let it drive you nuts until you can actually get in a position where you can leave happily (as in have another job) or they actually fire you, in which case you would probably be able to draw unemployment benefits while you seek another position.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">