• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Uncomfortable comments...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kpepperz

What is the name of your state? IL
There is an older man that I work with that has been making increasingly sexual jokes, comments, etc at work. He is doing this not only in front of me but other females and another guy at work. He made the comment about being able to identify the female workers in the company by looking at their butts, told several of us what the other name for a mustache is and makes it a point of touching his mustache in a suggestive manner since then. I have said "oh, that is gross" and shook my head and walked away from him, as have the other females in my department. Should I start keeping a log about this, then take it to management? I have never dealt with this before, and while all of us get along at work, and we get along with this guy for the most part, it is becoming increasingly more awkward to be around this guy.

BelizeBreeze

Yes, keep a log.

And the next time he says something like this file a formal, WRITTEN complaint to your manager for sexual harrassment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">