• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment Appeal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kap13

What is the name of your state? NJ

Hi All

I need help. I quit my job late January due to ongoing sexual harassment and hostile enviroment. I have a case right now with EEO. The men who did the sexual harassment, and the one who tried to retaliate against me for taking the complaint up my chain of command, all admitted their behavoir. After this, I was not removed from the situation, and they were not removed. There were several other offices to put me in where I would not have to work with these men and they didn't change my supervisor. After applying for unemployment, I was treated very poorly by the woman doing the interview, she barely let me speak, didn't let me fully answer questions, etc. She then interviewed my employer, who LIED to her. She called me back asking why I hadn't told her they did change my supervisor etc. I told her this was a lie and I had proof to discredit them in my EEO package. She said it wasn't necessary. I was deinied benefits. I appealed and have a court date to appeal in front of a judge. I am unsure why I was denied, although I think it was because the lady didn't actually take my facts etc. There was definite sexual harassment, then after I reported it and my boss did NOTHING but tell me i took it wrong, I went above his head. He then tried to retaliate against me and I have wittnesses to this. What more do you have to endure? Should women just stay for years before its considered validated. Basically what I feel the law is saying is, unless you put yourself in that situation for a long time, then it isn't bad enought o quit! My employer had already told everyone in mediation there was nothing he could do, they are military members, I am civil service, he cant move them and there is no where to move me....all lies....
What should I do at my court hearing to express this to the judge and does anyone have any pointers? It is no longer about the money, now it is an issue of they did wrong, they didn't right it and they are winning this too! This is why sexual harassment continues!! Im so upset that they can do this! Anyone with any advice, I appreciate this. I was with civil service for over 7 years and it was going to be a life career....I need some guidance.
Thanks!

rmet4nzkx

Please consult an employment and/or civil rights attorney. You will take your evidence, and active eeoc complaint to your hearing. Did you have a civil service hearing? Have you placed any sort of complaint against the military members?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">