• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unfair Employer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lynda Gibbons

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I worked for this employer for 8 years, finally leaving after being accused of "stuff" I didn't do. Went 7 1/2 hours away. Got a new job but not real, real happy. 8 months into new job, old boss calls and says he is in trouble and needs me to come back and help him straighten out his "legal" problems. I returned with the promise of "money being no object" and a place to live. He has jockeyed me around from place to place to work and live (hotels) and now I am paying over $1200 a month for apartment and utilities, etc. not to mention 45 minutes each way in time, wear and tear and gas to get to work because he decided to move me back to a remote property. He is screwing the government with taxes and cheating the franchise operators of money that is rightfully theirs. I have tried to get another job and when they find out that he is my boss they become intimidated because he is so important in his "community" and temple. As of late, he is taking over businesses that have come upon hard times and doesn't do it the way the Americans would have to do it. He has cancelled my health insurance and left me no alternatives. I am a diabetic and it's almost virtually impossible to secure other hospitalization. I asked him for a raise and he told me "you are making the most money you are ever going to make working for me". I am not thetype of person to retaliate but have proof he is "stealing" from the government, franchisors and vendors that he deals with, let alone his employees. What, if any, are my options? Do I report him to the government? He pays me from 5 different businesses and I havd to chase down my paychecks. He does this so he can keep his tax obligations low and I end up paying taxes at the end of the year. He also pays me a portion of my pay "off the books". I've asked him to give me one paycheck for the entire amount and he ignores my requests. He believes he is "above the American law" and is the type of person that needs to be stopped. Do I have any options?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">