• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unfair Treatment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

heavenlyblue

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

I am experiencing discrimination and unfair treatment at my work place. I have discussed the issues with my supervisor and nothing has been done. I am hesitant to follow procedure and file a greivance because from working with the people in "managment" I know that nothing will be done and I will be targeted for worse treatment just because I spoke out. What do I do?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You'll need to give us some details as to what you mean by discrimination. What a lot of people consider discrimination isn't, by law, so it will make a difference what your options are.

ILLEGAL discrimination is based on race, religion, national origin, age 40+, gender, disability or pregnancy. Kentucky also provides protection for workers with black lung disease, and forbids discrimination on the basis of whether or not you smoke.

If the discrimination is based on any of these, your options will be different than if it is based on something else.

If you can provide more details it will help.

H

heavenlyblue

discrimination?

There was a situation where I was discriminated against to me it appears to be because of race and gender but my employer tried to cover with another reason.

My supervisor has also treated me unfairly because I wrote a lengthly response to a poor evaluation that I received.

My employer is not providing me witrh the tools to do my job appropraitely.

Anytime I try to say something they come up with a "politically correct" answer. Then they say you can go to Human Resources - they are on your "side". After working closely with the supervisors I know that that they work closely with HR because they are both concerned with the best interest of the hospital.

Thanks for your response.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">