• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

union decertification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dcarr

NY
I wish to know more about the process of decertifying the union representing us. We are the only school represented in the Queens arm of the Brooklyn Catholic School Diocese. We have more that the required 30% wishing to end this representation. At this time nearly 1/2 of our faculty no longer wishes union representation of any kind, especially when there is only one school in the union.

We are being represented by the Federation of Catholic Teacher, an organization I can find nothing about. When contacted, this group refuses to update our faculty on any of the ongoing business.
I would like more information regarding the decertification process. Or what other avenues we have available.
I hope this doesn't get lost in this forum. I will post in the other 2.
Thank you in advance

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Please do NOT multiple post. The same people answer the questions in all forums, and if they don't know the answer in one forum, they're not going to know the answer any better in a different one. Posting multiple times does not guarantee a better answer.

D

dcarr

I was not looking for a better answer, just the proper forum for the subject.
Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">