• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unknown mental crisis

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

msundaztood

What is the name of your state? my state is nebraska.
I was fired on the spot for an unknown mental illness. I was sick at the time and didn't know it. They never gave me chance to get treatment or anything they just fired me on the spot. I worked for them for 14 years.

Beth3

Are you saying they KNEW you had a mental illness and fired you for it? Or did they fire you because you behaved in a way that was unacceptable and they fired you for that?

Since YOU didn't know at the time that you had a mental health problem, it's impossible to imagine your employer had the resources to correctly diagnose the problem (and without your involvement) and terminate your employment BECAUSE you were ill. Almost certainly they terminated you for whatever behavioral problems your condition caused, with no idea of what the underlying problem was, which isn't illegal. An employer is not required to diagnose medical or mental health problems their employees are experiencing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">