• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wage discrimination??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zerep52

What is the name of your state? arizona.
My husband works as a facilities manager for an auto dealership company which also owns an rv dealership that has a facilities manager. This fm for thr rv division has been employed with the comapny for 4 more years than my husband has, has 1/2 of the responsibilities, is responsible for much less square footage of builingd, only 1 location- my husband has several), and yet makes substantially more in pay. The other fm is white, my husband is hispanic. numerous unkept promises of substantial wage increases have been made to my husband by his boss (who is 2nd in charge of the automotive division). Is there discrimination taking place against my husband? What can he do about it if there is? :confused:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The best anyone can say is, maybe. The fact that they are of different races does not automatically mean that the difference in wage is because of race. The fact that he has worked for the company for four years longer than your husband is right there a perfectly logical, perfectly legal reason why he should be making more money.

The law says that wage differences cannot be made on the basis of a protected group. However, it does permit wage difference to be made on the basis of seniority, education, experience, responsibilities, or any other non-discriminatory reason.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">