• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Want to take an action / illegal immigrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rurichek

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

Hello. I've been working at one place for about 3 months. Its a pawn shop, almost like a store. My co-workers are immigrants from Russia and Ukraine. So am I. For the past few weeks one co-worker was very mean to me. She has been provoking many verbal fights with me by insulting my personality. I was trying to ignore her provocations but its going way too far. She recently started to tell my co-workers that I am gay. She makes it look as if I confirmed that I am gay. I don't care what they think but insulting my privacy is not acceptable. My manager seems to be on her side because instead of telling her to stop treating me like that he chooses to be passive. Now, this co-worker is an illegal immigrant. She doesn't even have a green card to stay in America. I am a legal and law abiding citizen of the United States and I am sick and tired to be disrespected by my co-worker. I understand that I can't prove that she is harassing me, but at least I can respond to her in terms of her illegal immigration. Nearly every time I was quiet about these insults. Even though I am considering to quit soon, I don't want to leave such treatment unpunished.

Last edited:

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

Hello. I've been working at one place for about 3 months. Its a pawn shop, almost like a store. My co-workers are immigrants from Russia and Ukraine. So am I. For the past few weeks one co-worker was very mean to me. She has been provoking many verbal fights with me by insulting my personality. I was trying to ignore her provocations but its going way too far. She recently started to tell my co-workers that I am gay. She makes it look as if I confirmed that I am gay. I don't care what they think but but insulting my privacy is not acceptable. My manager seems to be on her side because instead of telling her to stop treating me like that he chooses to be passive. Now, this co-worker is an illegal immigrant. She doesn't even have a green card to stay in America. I am a legal and law abiding citizen of the United States and I am sick and tired to be disrespected by my co-worker. I understand that I can't prove that she is harassing me, but at least I can respond to her in terms of her illegal immigration.
You realize you're going to look like the biggest idiot in the world, right?

This isn't a legal question. This is a playground "She's being mean how can I be even meaner right back?!" question.

Mass_Shyster

If you would like to report illegal aliens, please call Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) at 1-866-DHS-2ICE (347-2423). They will need to know names, locations (either work place or residence) and any other specific information you can provide. Visit www.ice.gov for more information.

You may also contact the Border Patrol Sector where the illegal aliens are located, and ask them to investigate further.

You should really step up that job search. If ICE shows up, your employer will probably be charged and/or shut down.

Eekamouse

Instead of being a snitch, why don't you grow some thicker skin instead? You may not have thought of this but word gets around and you are not going to look too cool to others when they find out you're a vindictive rat.

rurichek

You realize you're going to look like the biggest idiot in the world, right?

This isn't a legal question. This is a playground "She's being mean how can I be even meaner right back?!" question.
I understand, I am not planning to kick her out from this country, just to scare her a little. When last time she insulted me I didn't say anything, but deep inside I was burning with anger and couldn't do anything about it. That's why I started looking up the internet on what to do when you are being mistreated at work, and this idea came up. At least now I know that I am not helpless. I know she is a type of a person who can try to get me fired. I don't want to be a door mat who gets stepped on.

rurichek

Instead of being a snitch, why don't you grow some thicker skin instead? You may not have thought of this but word gets around and you are not going to look too cool to others when they find out you're a vindictive rat.
I understand but I am just tired of looking like a door mat. This person needs to have more respect for people who abide the law. If you say I need to grow some skin, do you mean I need to just suck it up and get embarrassed in front of my co-workers? Or do I have to pick a fight with her? Please elaborate.

commentator

Wherever you looked on the internet that convinced you that reporting your co worker to ICE was a good idea was not a good place to look. And yeah, just like on the playground, you are sort of helpless in this situation for several reasons. Any fool with a mouth who finds out that you are greatly bothered by their verbal junk, will take to heart their insults, can go for it.
Your response is what they're looking for. You are the one who chooses whether or not you'll get angry, get embarrassed, pay a lot of attention to what they say.

If you get furious, seek revenge, and then suddenly this person (and of course, the whole business) is reported to immigration and they are raided, you are certainly not the one who will get to say how this person is treated, whether she is deported, no matter whether you want to just "scare her a little" or not.

But she may have some bad friends who deeply resent what you have done to her. Or your employer may figure out who did this to them. And they may have some bad friends. Naturally you're also out of a job. It will be hard to find another job. And who do you think they might suspect has done this to them? They don't have to prove anything, just suspect you and they're going to be very angry with you and might cause you serious problems. Illegal of course for them to beat you up or something, but things do happen. It's sort of like when the kid who's being picked on decides to bring a loaded gun to the playground. That will show them!

If I were you, I'd take my citizenship and my person and get out of there, find a better job quickly and leave the childish insults of your illegal co workers behind.

Last edited:

rurichek

Wherever you looked on the internet that convinced you that reporting your co worker to ICE was a good idea was not a good place to look. And yeah, just like on the playground, you are sort of helpless in this situation for several reasons. Any fool with a mouth who finds out that you are greatly bothered by their verbal junk, will take to heart their insults, can go for it.
Your response is what they're looking for. You are the one who chooses whether or not you'll get angry, get embarrassed, pay a lot of attention to what they say.

If you get furious, seek revenge, and then suddenly this person (and of course, the whole business) is reported to immigration and they are raided, you are certainly not the one who will get to say how this person is treated, whether she is deported, no matter whether you want to just "scare her a little" or not.

But she may have some bad friends who deeply resent what you have done to her. Or your employer may figure out who did this to them. And they may have some bad friends. Naturally you're also out of a job. It will be hard to find another job. And who do you think they might suspect has done this to them? They don't have to prove anything, just suspect you and they're going to be very angry with you and might cause you serious problems. Illegal of course for them to beat you up or something, but things do happen. It's sort of like when the kid who's being picked on decides to bring a loaded gun to the playground. That will show them!

If I were you, I'd take my citizenship and my person and get out of there, find a better job quickly and leave the childish insults of your illegal co workers behind.

Great response. That's exactly what I wanna do now. Thanks a lot.

Proserpina

I understand, I am not planning to kick her out from this country, just to scare her a little. When last time she insulted me I didn't say anything, but deep inside I was burning with anger and couldn't do anything about it. That's why I started looking up the internet on what to do when you are being mistreated at work, and this idea came up. At least now I know that I am not helpless. I know she is a type of a person who can try to get me fired. I don't want to be a door mat who gets stepped on.
Have you spoken to a professional about anger management? I think you need it; what you describe here is not a healthy state of mind at all. You need to find a better way of dealing with your anger, because it's not helping you at all right now.

rurichek

Have you spoken to a professional about anger management? I think you need it; what you describe here is not a healthy state of mind at all. You need to find a better way of dealing with your anger, because it's not helping you at all right now.
Yes I know how to deal with it now - I am just going to quit the damn job haha. And find a more civilized place to work at.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">