• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Are we being discrimated because we are both pregnant ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nancy To

my state is California

I am currently 20 weeks pregnant. I got an email from my boss stating that I will be change from salary to hourly pay. Her email is very vague and unclear stating that my work function has not involve work outside more than 50 % of your time. That's all she said in the email and that's will change from salary to hourly immediately and hourly pay at our job doesn't get holiday pay either. My job is sales and my sales record is the best on the team right now. Being 20 weeks pregnant I still be able to handle all
My job duites and exceed sales goals. My co worker is also 15 weeks pregnant and the same thing happened to her 2 weeks ago. I feel like we are both discrimated because we are both pregnant but it never affect our performances or job duties. Please help!

Last edited:

ecmst12

However, if you do not meet the criteria for outside sales, it's illegal for them to treat you as exempt (salary). They MUST treat you as hourly and pay you overtime for hours worked over 40 in a week (and in a few other situations since you're in CA). And in almost no cases is it NOT to the employee's advantage to be treated as non-exempt (hourly).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">