• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wedding ring at work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alishia_2002

What is the name of your state? Maryland
My husband was just informed at work that he isn't allowed to wear his wedding band at work. They said it was a saftey hazzard. He asked if he could wear a glove over it and they said no. He offered to sign a waiver stating that it isn't their responsiblility if any thing happend and they said no to that as well. A wedding band is a symbol of ones marriage and their eternal love. Can an employer do that? :mad:

alishia_2002

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Yes, especially if he works in a hazardous environment - - which you conveniently failed to mention.

IAAL
he assembles doors in a factory. any one that works in the factory can't have a ring on. But if they are in the office and are walking through they don't have to take it off. i feel that's wrong

mlane58

IAAL is so right!

he assembles doors in a factory. any one that works in the factory can't have a ring on.
He is working heavy machinery that rip a finger off - You want a difigured spouse?

But if they are in the office and are walking through they don't have to take it off. i feel that's wrong
Because they aren't working with the heavy machinery at the time. You really need to get a grip and quit whinning.

BelizeBreeze

alishia_2002 said:
he assembles doors in a factory. any one that works in the factory can't have a ring on. But if they are in the office and are walking through they don't have to take it off. i feel that's wrong
And, as you've been told, that's irrelevant. If he doesn't like the policy he has the option to quit.

alishia_2002

BelizeBreeze said:
And, as you've been told, that's irrelevant. If he doesn't like the policy he has the option to quit.
For one thing I love my husband no matter how many fingers he has. For another thing he's had a partial amputation for a child hood accidents. when he started working there it wasn't a factor not it's a policy...

BelizeBreeze

alishia_2002 said:
For one thing I love my husband no matter how many fingers he has. For another thing he's had a partial amputation for a child hood accidents. when he started working there it wasn't a factor not it's a policy...
I hear a Penis ring does the trick. And they won't know :rolleyes:

Beth3

alishia_2002 said:
What is the name of your state? Maryland
My husband was just informed at work that he isn't allowed to wear his wedding band at work. They said it was a saftey hazzard. He asked if he could wear a glove over it and they said no. He offered to sign a waiver stating that it isn't their responsiblility if any thing happend and they said no to that as well. A wedding band is a symbol of ones marriage and their eternal love. Can an employer do that? :mad:
Over the years I have seen two employees lose fingers because they were wearing wedding bands at work - which was a violation of company safety policy I might add. Gloves are even more of a hazard if the employee is around any sort of rotating equipment. Any waiver your husband signed would be meaningless as an employer CANNOT waive worker's compensation liability if an employee is injured at work.

For one thing I love my husband no matter how many fingers he has. For another thing he's had a partial amputation for a child hood accidents. when he started working there it wasn't a factor not it's a policy... So what are you hoping for here, a matched set?

But if they are in the office and are walking through they don't have to take it off. i feel that's wrong Oh, for goodness sake. :rolleyes:

Over the years I have seen two employees lose fingers because they were wearing wedding bands at work
Jumping in late here...just because the subject hits close to home for me. Hubby and I have been married almost 10 years. He has worked in the construction business ... well, since he was 16 years old. He always felt very strongly about his wedding ring ... and never took it off, even having the doctor tape the ring on during a surgery he had where the doc wanted him to take the ring off ... he said "no way". 3 months ago he stepped up on some cement blocks so he could reach into a skid-loader bucket to get something out of it ... he slipped, his wedding ring caught on the edge of the loader, and his wedding ring damn near cut through his finger...he was literally hanging off the skid loader bucket by his finger. Of course, the ring had to be cut off of his hand, and then came the trip to the emergency room. It was ugly ... but he was very lucky that they were able to save his finger. He soldered the ring back together and now keeps it on his keychain ...and he says that he will never put another ring back on his finger. Yes, a wedding ring is a sign of your love and commitment ... but I would much rather have my husband keep his ring on his keychain and keep all 10 of his digits. And besides...he has a "permanent wedding ring" on his finger now ... and he will always have that scar.

It's really not a big deal for your husband to remove his wedding ring for the 8-10 hours a day he is at work...he can put it in his pocket, or on his keychain.

memexyz

. According to recent statistics, almost 90% of all gay couples are separated within 10 years.. The chances of contracting a sexually transmitted disease are almost triple compared to what it is in a normal marriage.

Sounds to me like she is going to make him get another job that will let him wear the ring or he is gonna wear the ring anyway. Then when an accident occurs Stumpy and her will probably sue the company because he was wearing a ring and that is dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">