• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

weekend work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bornfree

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin
I was hired at the motel I work at ten and one half years ago with Sunday's off. Now they are trying to make me work every Sunday and never have one off, but very rarely. They have always known about my worship and spiritual commitments, so it is not something new to them. Do I have a legal edge on this and what can I do?
Thank you for your repy.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Possibly. It depends upon several factors, including whether or not Sunday worship is the only possibility for you (for example, some denominations also offer Saturday evening worship) and whether or not, not working on Sundays is a basic facet of your religion or simply your personal preference. You can talk with an employment attorney or ask the EEOC or your state discrimination board for an opinion based on your specific circumstances.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">