• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

venus2010

Pennsylvania
I have a coworker that is constantly yelling at me, refusing to give me required days off (she makes my schedule) and is always threatening my job. I have went to a supervisor,the administrator and contacted the police. All the police did was contat the administrator. I don't know what else to do I love my job and I dont want to quit.

Banned_Princess

Pennsylvania
I have a coworker that is constantly yelling at me, refusing to give me required days off (she makes my schedule) and is always threatening my job. I have went to a supervisor,the administrator and contacted the police. All the police did was contat the administrator. I don't know what else to do I love my job and I dont want to quit.
Then suck it up.

I dont know what you went to the police about, sounds like you are begging to get fired.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Pennsylvania
How do you have "required days off"? The only requirements are those spelled out in the law. Your job does NOT have to work around your life. Going to the police can result in you getting fired because NO ONE wants to work with a troublemaker, especially one who would make false allegations to the police.

venus2010

Pennsylvania
I went to the police because she was threatening me inside and outside of work repeatedly sent me nasty messages. My administrator was coming down on me because of her outbursts in the hallways in front of families and residents. The required days off are ones that I had off then she would change the schedule and tell my boss I never showed up.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There are NO days that either state or Federal law requires you to be given off. None. Pennsylvania is not a one-day-off-in-seven state and as far as the Feds are concerned, you can be required to work 365 days a year as long as you're paid properly. So as far as the law is concerned, there is no such thing as a required day off. Are you a member of a union and does that union require that you have specific days off?

Nothing you have posted suggests that any laws have been violated; certainly no laws that would suggest that a complaint to the police is appropriate. "Threatening your job" is not illegal, yelling at you is not illegal, refusing to give you the days off you want is not illegal. The police do not respond to employment law issues.

You have nothing.

Betty

Your choices are to "suck it up" so to speak or quit. However, do not quit until you have another job. If you quit, you don't receive unemployment ins.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">