• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What Do I Do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sugar74

What is the name of your state? Maryland

I work in a building where there is construction going on, and workers come in and out all day doing work for another building that is being attached to ours. I was standing at the reception desk the other day and one of the workers came up and grabbed my rear end. I don't know this man or any of the construction workers for that matter. My supervisor was walking by when I was arguing with this guy. Afterwards, we found out that this guy had been fired 3 hours before the incident happened, but was still on the job site. His supervisor stated that he did not know he was still around. How is that when the guy came from off his site out back. In addition, the employee was pissy drunk at the time this happened. Today I found out that the guy has been deported back to his country the other day. I was upset because just the thought of him going into one of my restrooms and waiting for one of the females and who knows what could have happened. Is there any legal action that should be taken?

Beth3

The corrective action was already taken before he grabbed you. I assume had he still been employed when he did that, they would have fired him then. When an employee is sexually harassed, the employer's obligation is to make it stop. Since he'd already been fired, there was no further action to be taken other than to make sure he left the job site after you complained and tell him not to come back.

You could file criminal charges against the guy who grabbed you but as he's been deported, I rather doubt the local police will be able to take any action.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">