• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is mediation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Krlarson

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ca

Hello I had my deposition last month as a victim of discrimination and harrassment at my work place. Now my old bosses depo is coming up next week and my attorney had scheduled mediation for rhe end of the month. Now I've called and texted him many times asking him what mediation means or is. Can anyone shed some light please?

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ca

Hello I had my deposition last month as a victim of discrimination and harrassment at my work place. Now my old bosses depo is coming up next week and my attorney had scheduled mediation for rhe end of the month. Now I've called and texted him many times asking him what mediation means or is. Can anyone shed some light please?
Mediation is an informal and confidential way for people to resolve disputes with the help of a neutral mediator who is trained to help people discuss their differences. The mediator does not decide who is right or wrong or issue a decision. Instead, the mediator helps the parties work out their own solutions to problems.

OHRoadwarrior

It sounds like your attorney wants to settle this case before it goes to court. Strategically, this can be a very good move, IMO.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">