• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are my rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

smokeyedson

What is the name of your state? Colorado
I just about lost my job. I am selling a product outside of my job hours, keeping it separate from my work inside the office. Two of his patients wanted to be on the products and approached me outside of work hours. Now I have to drop his patients as my clients because I am not allowed to sell any of these products to his patients.According to his malpractice insurance company, his patients could hold him liable/responsible for them because I represent his office. Is this legal? He threatened to fire me, and made me sign a new office policy.

Beth3

Sounds legal to me. Your employer may set the "rules" for any contact you have with their clients/patients/customers whether you're on duty or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">