• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what steps can an employer take against me after passing a drug test

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ambaskmom

What is the name of your state?arizona drugs were found at my job. they suspected that it was mine due to the fact that i am on probation for a drug offense. i have been testing clean for some time my employer gave me a drug test at my work site and it came up negative for drugs and alchol what steps can he take against me he sent me home and told me not to return til the following day after i speak to him. what should i do?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
At least so far, nothing your employer has done violates any laws.

I suspect that what you are really asking is, can he fire me since he doesn't have any proof that the drugs were mine and since I tested negative? Arizona law specifically gives him permission to fire you if you test positive or if you refuse to submit to testing. I don't see anything in the law that prohibits him from firing you if you come up negative, sorry. You can always check with your state department of labor. In the meantime, it IS legal for him to fire you for suspicion of misconduct, regardless of whether or not he has proof and regardless of whether or not he is correct.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">