• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where is my paycheck???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? CA

My employer recently switched our payroll to a leasing company back east. Because of multiple problems, our paychecks arrived late and all the employees were paid late (by 1 day). We have multiple employees that have payments directly taken from their accounts and because of the late payday, their accoutns were overdrawn and they were charged fees for being overdrawn. What recourses does the employee/employer have? Can the employer be held responsible and be required to pay the fees or is the employee just left on their own here?

F

franklin2003

You will be looking for new employees soon, when they find new jobs if your company doesn't admit to screwing this up, and to reimburse the employees.

Its up to you, quality will suffer, employees will slack off, and wont work any OT, trust me...you dont fukkkk with employees anymore.

Pay it, please.

While I do understand what you are saying, this is a one time isolated incident. I was inquiring to find out legally what (if anything) the employer must do.

Beth3

I don't know CA's reg's on this (if any) so if you don't get a definitive answer here from someone who does, I suggest you call the Labor Board and ask them.

JETX

Ignore Franklin.... he is a welfare-sucking forum troll who just posts his inane drivel to get attention.

"What recourses does the employee/employer have?"
*** Regretably none. The employer is allowed to an occasional unintentional delay in payday. These things happen in life and the employer has no liability.

"Can the employer be held responsible and be required to pay the fees or is the employee just left on their own here?"
*** The employee made the choice to arrange the payment too close to an EXPECTED pay deposit. That is not the employers fault. The employee should have allowed a few days 'slippage' for these type of situations.

F

franklin2003

Jenni:

You should not even be asking a question like this...your company should have HIGH ethical standards, and just pay the employees.....upon proof.

But legally you can give your employees the MIDDLE finger!

Last edited:

JETX

Frunk: Are you off your meds again??
This is NOT the oprah forum. It is a LEGAL advice forum.

So, unless you can provide some statute or caselaw to support your OPINION... stuff it!

I am getting tired of having to come behind you and clean up your crap again.... like some parent to a 3rd grader.
Do you want to get the boot AGAIN!!!??
Get your act together, quit being a jerk and comply with the rules of the forum... else, you're gone again.

F

franklin2003

I dunno Jetx, the company should pay, and keep its employees happy.

Sure the employees should have overdraft checking, but you are right on the law, but i am right on the common sense of this.

J

JUSTJACKOHIO

Hey Moron, if people took others to court regarding "common sense", the courts would be more backlogged than they are now.

What a company should do and what they are to do LEGALLY are two different situations. For every company to work on a "common sense" model would be a wet-dream to us all. Actually, you are not totally right on the common sense of this. If the company states in WRITING that the employees will be paid on said DATE or said DAYS, and they weren't, then I suppose there is recourse the employee can take. Overdraft protection. Umm...Beavis...when a bank "covers" an overdraft, that is 'overdraft protection' to some banks. They will charge you for that -- instead of rejecting it, sending it back to the company -- hence resulting in a fee from the BANK and the company you wrote the check to. This is not difficult to comprehend -- well to the normal individual. It sounds like you are not of the norm.

So, let us know when you pull your head out from your backside (When you are not sitting on it).

F

franklin2003

No jackowacko.........

I have $2500 in overdraft protection which i pay NO bank fees, just the interest charges Per day ....think of it as a floating loan.

J

JUSTJACKOHIO

total point of the post was missed. Not surprised at all.

People come to this site for KNOWLEDGEABLE assistance -- not common sense advice. Now, get back to work -- the guy on Pump 5 wants to be pre-paid and be on his way!

WOW!

Thank you for all the replies and laughs. I think I will have to call the Labor Board for the final answer.

I would like to say something though. If you do not have a comment that is intelligent or factually based, please keep your opinions to yourself, as it is not in any way helpful. I'm sure there are some places you can go to "vent" or have your say, but it would be greatly appreciated for you to go to those places and not waste my time reading your asinine comments. As far as the overdraft protection goes, most "working class" people do not have it, or it is a minimum amount.

Pump 5 is still waiting.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">