• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who owns donations....the organisation or the recipient?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Smudgepot

I live in Vietnam. I used to volunteer for an NGO here that supposedly supported disabled adults earn a wage. As the founder, from Australia, has bullied these people for years and been underpaying them enormously, they have all walked out which has left her with no manual labour. They were all given 3 wheeled motor bikes for transportation which were donated to them. Now the founder has told them that they have to return the bikes (which they have the blue/owners card for) or pay for them. She is witholding all of their last months pay until either of the above is done. Who owns these bikes....the recipients of them or the organization?

quincy

I live in Vietnam. I used to volunteer for an NGO here that supposedly supported disabled adults earn a wage. As the founder, from Australia, has bullied these people for years and been underpaying them enormously, they have all walked out which has left her with no manual labour. They were all given 3 wheeled motor bikes for transportation which were donated to them. Now the founder has told them that they have to return the bikes (which they have the blue/owners card for) or pay for them. She is witholding all of their last months pay until either of the above is done. Who owns these bikes....the recipients of them or the organization?
I'm sorry, Smudgepot, but this site handles US law questions only. You will need to seek out assistance in Vietnam.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">