• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Work place harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J Smith

I have a recorded conversation between my supervisor and myself. I am making a complaint of harassment to him involving our boss. Nothing was done, what should I do? I was fired for another issue 21 days after I made the allegation.

Antigone*

I have a recorded conversation between my supervisor and myself. I am making a complaint of harassment to him involving our boss. Nothing was done, what should I do? I was fired for another issue 21 days after I made the allegation.
Look for another job. Oh, and U.S. Law only.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You have not provided anything like enough information to give you any kind of advice at all.

1.) What state are you in?
2.) What was the nature of the alleged harassment? Give examples.
3.) To whom did you make the complaint?
4.) What was the reason you were given for the termination?

If you can answer these questions, we might be able to get somewhere.

Hot Topic

What state are you in? Does your state allow conversations to be recorded

Did you complain to HR? If so, it's my understanding that they aren't required to tell you how or if the boss was disciplined.

We have no way of knowing if you were fired for complaining about the alleged harassment. We have no way of knowing it was harassment.

swalsh411

Dollars to donuts whatever incident that was the immediate cause of your termination was just icing on the cake. You are probably a bothersome employee and they wanted to be done with you.

Dillon

Dollars to donuts whatever incident that was the immediate cause of your termination was just icing on the cake. You are probably a bothersome employee and they wanted to be done with you.
arent you probably bothersome to others, so whats your point.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">