• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Working hours

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Gina25

What is the name of your state? California, Can a supervisor remove hours from your time card without your knowledge, this would be in a working situation where you do not punch a time card? Hours are worked on an honor system. Can a supervisor single one person out and ask that they check in and out when everyone else doesn't have to do it?

JETX

Q1) "Can a supervisor remove hours from your time card without your knowledge, this would be in a working situation where you do not punch a time card?"
A1) A company MUST pay you for the actual hours worked. This has nothing to do with the supervisors removing hours... as long as you are paid the actual hours worked.

Q2) "Can a supervisor single one person out and ask that they check in and out when everyone else doesn't have to do it?"
A2) This is allowed as long as this 'singling out' isn't done in violation of discriminatory practices (age, race, religion, etc.).

C

CombatTN88

Gina25 said:
What is the name of your state? California, Can a supervisor remove hours from your time card without your knowledge, this would be in a working situation where you do not punch a time card? Hours are worked on an honor system. Can a supervisor single one person out and ask that they check in and out when everyone else doesn't have to do it?
Let me tell you my situation. When I worked at Tom Thumbs down in Texas, I forget to clock in one time. I asked my supervisor about that. What he did was to write a paper time sheet down and handle to big boss (I assumed). I still got paid for hours that I worked which I forget to clock in.

Regards, Combat

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">