• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workplace bullying

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anderegg16

I have heard from several employees at work that a fellow employee is stating that I leave my position for hours and claims I am doing other things that what I am suppose to be doing.

It was brought to our hospital supervisor who then discussed with multiple people that i'm sleeping on the job and that part of the reason must be because I work 16 hours shifts. It was passed on to me that it was taken to the director of nursing and then was going to be brought to the attention of my director who I have not heard from. Other employees are discussing this as well. I do not sleep on the job and do not leave my position for an overly extended period of time. It has created a very difficult work environment and I'm not sure what I should do.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I have heard from several employees at work that a fellow employee is stating that I leave my position for hours and claims I am doing other things that what I am suppose to be doing.

It was brought to our hospital supervisor who then discussed with multiple people that i'm sleeping on the job and that part of the reason must be because I work 16 hours shifts. It was passed on to me that it was taken to the director of nursing and then was going to be brought to the attention of my director who I have not heard from. Other employees are discussing this as well. I do not sleep on the job and do not leave my position for an overly extended period of time. It has created a very difficult work environment and I'm not sure what I should do.
How does this involve "bullying"?

I would suggest that you do your work to the best of your ability and make sure that you're toeing the line.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer

Do your job. Do your job well. Smile, and keep on doing your job. And spend less time with gossipers.

commentator

You cannot keep people from saying things. You should not confront them or demand they stop this. You cannot demand that your supervisors not listen to stories they may have been told by other workers. You should be very sure that you are under scrutiny, and that your supervisors will probably be checking into the reports that you are sleeping on the job. Be forewarned. DO NOT let them catch you sleeping on the job. Don't do it. Do the job to the best of your abilities. Then let the gossip die a natural death.

ShyCat

I do not sleep on the job and do not leave my position for an overly extended period of time.
Your definition of "an overly extended period of time" may be more liberal and self-serving than that of your co-workers and supervisors.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">