• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workplace harrassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mingdurga

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

new york.

Employed by NY State. Two weeks ago my computer access was terminated by outside contractor, acting I believe, at the behest of management. Cannot perform work duties as a stores clerk without computer.

tranquility

So, you are saying management, through an outside contractor, has cut off your computer access. Perhaps you should ask why. I mean, if you need computer access to do your job.

eerelations

Even if this action was egregious enough for the term "harassment" to be applicable, this action is in no way illegal. For harassment to be illegal it must be specifically and directly based on the harassed individual's race, gender, age (only if the individual is over 40), religion, and/or disability. Nothing in your post indicates that what's happened to you is egregious enough to be called harassment, legal or otherwise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">