• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Would you pass this info out??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

disgruntled1

What is the name of your state? mi

I was recently fired from my employer and won my unemployment case. However, a past employee who is suing the company for his job back has past my name and resume on to a family member (who is a HR rep) who says that she can help get me into her company and that she really feels that I should sue my previous employer for sexual discrimination.

She says that she knows a lawyer that specializes in this and that if I pass along my documentation to her (reprimand letters, sequence of events, etc...) that she will have him look at it and contact me about what my rights are.

I never said that I want to sue this company although the thought has crossed my mind several times and I would like to know what my rights are and if I am eligible for any kind of compensation. I am wondering if I should pass this info onto her and if it can or will be used in the relatives lawsuit.

Should I do this or can I screw up my own case by doing so if I decide at a later date that I want to sue them?

Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Before anyone can give any kind of opinion, you're going to have to give us more info on what kind of case you think you have. All you've told us is that you were fired and that you received unemployment benefits. Please know that winning unemployment benefits does NOT mean that you were wrongfully terminated or that the employer violated any kind of law in terminating you.

What happened that your friend thinks is sexual discrimination? On what basis do you think that you might have any cause for suit?

D

disgruntled1

Because I was terminated after announcing my pregnancy after many years of employment with the company. I also received alot of harrassment about my pregnancy from upper management.

Beth3

I sure am uncomfortable with what you've described how this HR rep is proceeding. If she wants to in interview you for a job with her company, swell. But you haven't even met her and for her to suggest you should sue and that you should give her all your documentation to pass along to a lawyer friend is just inappropriate and way overstepping boundaries.

I strongly suggest that you do not share any of this information with this HR person and if you want to get a legal opinion on your situation, do so yourself. But no way would I trust someone I didn't even know who has "volunteered" to put herself in the middle of your situation.

D

disgruntled1

Thank you

for your reply. After thinking about the situation more I have to agree with you. Alot of things bother me about this such as she was supposed to contact me about any job openings at her company, not to try to talk me into a lawsuit. I explained to her the reasons why I did not want to go that route and she kept trying to talk me into it - about how the people that I used to work with need to be put in their place. Her relative wants to drag me in on his case and I've told him that I know very little of how they treated him while he was employed since we were in different dept's. I spoke with him awhile back about things and asked him that if he knew of anyone hiring for what I do to please keep me in mind and let me know. Next thing you know I have his wife contacting me thanking me for agreeing to testify in his case. I explained to her then that I was never asked to testify nor did I agree to anything.

When the relative calls back for the information I am just going to tell her that I do not want to pursue a lawsuit therefore I do not see the need to pass out the information that I have. After that I am not going to answer their calls (thank god for caller id). I do not want her help either into getting into her company - I think that would be a huge mistake also and quite frankly I think she is just telling me what I want to hear to get me to give up the info and has no intention of helping me.

I do not want to be dragged into this anymore. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">