• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Written warning

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sundown

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I was given a written warning four months ago regarding the accusations from several co-workers that I was difficult to work with, treated them poorly, humiliated them in front of others. I was stunned by this notice, since I was not given any names or any specifics and could not for the life of me remember any circumstances to back up these accusations. I did sign the notice after feeling pressured and agreed that I would do better. I recently received my annual evaulations and I was told that I had improved and got a raise. Now, I have been presented with a second written warning concerning the same thing. At least three employees are saying that I have not changed and want something done about my behavior. I have not had any negative interations with any of my co-workers and I am professional. I said that I would not sign the notice then until I can speak with Human Resources on Monday. I am being falsely accused of something I am not doing. My supervisors are believing my accusors because there are supposedly three and only one of me. I do not know who they are and would never retaliate against them. And, they never give specifics or proof. I am innocent of these claims. My mental state has greatly diminished because of these false claims. And, I do not know what to do. I want to speak to Human Resources to help me. What can I say to help my case? What else can I do?

S

Sinsaint26

Signing a written warning is not an admission of guilt. It is an acknowledgement that you are aware of the allegations. If you feel that these accusations are false, you might be able to write somewhere (preferably on the front) that you do not agree with the write up and have no knowledge of any of these actions. HR has no obligation to tell you who is making the allegations but you may be able to explain that until you know exactly what the problems are you will have no way of knowing how to correct the issues. If you feel that these are completely baseless accusations, you can tell them that as well.

Beth3

Ditto to what Sinsaint said, plus your employer does not have to give you the names of the individuals making the complaints. However, you need to point out to your supervisor and HR that without specifics, you are at a total disadvantage in figuring out what the problem is and correcting it.

That still doesn't mean that they have to or will tell you who finds you difficult to work with but at the very least, you need some examples of what you are doing that others are finding problematic. That is a very rational and logical request in these circumstances and hopwfully will result in your getting whatever feedback you need to figure out what the problem is. It may be no more than others misunderstanding your intentions on occasion and perceiving you are being difficult. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">