• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Written warning that never ends

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jlcfelix

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

Was written up and told that I must meet with a supervisor once a week to go over progress correcting issues that I was written up for. The supervisor failed to meet with me on any regular basis and then I was written up for the same issues 4 months later. I was told that the write ups NEVER are deleted from my file and this write up that is open forever could lead to termination. Anything wrong with this?

las365

It's best to keep your questions in one thread.

Based on the information you have provided, there is nothing illegal about what your employer is doing.

commentator

Some places that have a policy about write ups will actually say something like that if this offense has not been repeated, then the write up maybe removed from your file after a year, upon your request. BUT that ws just one place, where there was a strict established policy.

Four months is not an excessive amount of time to go back and bring up a write up. In fact, I'd just not repeat the offense, as long as I was employed there, because if you do, there's always going to be that write up, now those two write ups. They're giving you full warning and full knowledge that they do not want you to do whatever it is you're doing that they don't like. That's what it takes to get you terminated without any chance of getting unemployment insurance.

If you do not like it, do not feel they are treating you fairly, you have the option to quit (again, without the possiblity of unemployment insurance) or you can be looking for another job while you are still employed there. Then after you've moved on, you have the potential to look back and say, "That wasn't fair!"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">