• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfully Accused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

holaguesswho

What is the name of your state? CA "employment at will"

Q1: No offence Beth, but what are your educational background and qualifications?

I'm really not sure what brought this on...All I know is that the subordinate in question alleges SH happened and that I have created a hostile working environment. Yet she did not lose any time off work, nor did she receive any benefits or detriment from me personally, nor did her work performance suffer as result of it...(To the best of my knowledge). I think there were supposedly six or so isolated incidents that took place...All I know is that she is "afraid to be in the same room with me" yet I rarely talk to her except saying hi in passing...

:confused:

Beth3

Does a BA with considerable additional specialized training in employment law and 25+ years of managerial level HR experience, the last 10 years as a VP of HR, do it for you? My answer was correct, even though it wasn't what you wanted to hear.

In investigating and evaluating her complaint, your employer needs to apply what's referred to as the "reasonable woman" standard; that is, given whatever incidents she alledges to have occurred (1) are they likely true and if so (2) would a reasonable woman feel she was being subjected to prohibited sexual harassment? From what you describe, this employee has dreamed up this whole scenario in her head. If that's the case, let's hope your employer reaches that conclusion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">