• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

13 yr old Assault by Contact Citation - Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KACEY

I need to know information about the Fort Worth, Tarrant County rules, fines, guidelines, etc. for a juvenile (13 yrs old.) charged with assault by contact. His court date will be issued this week. I have no idea what to expect; will there be court costs, a fine for the citation, etc. Is this like a speeding ticket or is it more? This is a first time experience, please forgive my ignorance. Thank you for your time and information.

txmomof2

Tx Juv Court

In most cases, if it was a ticket- you'll receive a summons to appear at teen court (that's how it is in my county in Texas)- Call the number on the citation, and ask how they handle juvenile tickets-

Here, they set up a hearing with Teen Court and then the child and parent attend- most of the time, community service is given with a small administrative fee (here it's $10)- to be done within a certain amount of time.

My son is 13 (just turned that this month) and in December had a fight in school- both boys were cited and given tickets- went to court, saw judge- given community service and because of their ages, they are to complete the service through school.

Just call. They'll tell you what to do and what to expect next.

Good luck.

ceara19

If you are allowed to take care of the matter in teen court like txmom said, the result is community service. The amount is actually determained by a jury of actual peers, meaning teenagers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">