• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

As a 14 year old girl, do i have the right to privacy when my doctor asks me any ?s

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cw8189

FLorida

I am 14 years old, me and my boyfriend have just recently had sex. I am now running a fever and other symptoms , when i visit the doctor they will ask me if i have ever had sex....If i say yes....do they have the right to tell my parents??

Rushia

cw8189 said:
FLorida

I am 14 years old, me and my boyfriend have just recently had sex. I am now running a fever and other symptoms , when i visit the doctor they will ask me if i have ever had sex....If i say yes....do they have the right to tell my parents??
If this was unprotected sex and you have "symptoms", I would be more worried about that than what my parents could find out.

Just Blue

cw8189 said:
FLorida

Are you 14 year old girl or a 16 year old named Chris?

AHA

cw8189 said:
FLorida

Depending on how old your bf is, the doctor just might report him for statutory rape.

But if you have an STD, you need to answer the doctor truthfully, because if you ignore an STD you can end up with so many health problems and even get sterile, so do and tell what you have to, to get your health back on track. You should be having your whole life ahead of you, not end up with HIV or something else that will mess up your life before you're even close to being an adult.

Have you told to your bf that you have "symptoms" after sex with him? Maybe he'll have the decency to come clean if he knows that he's infected with something.
Either way, when you find out if you have an STD, at least you'll know to dump that skanky boy like bad habit.

cw8189

Florida

Yes it was protected sex...and yes i am a 14 year old girl useing my older brothers login...because he is the only one i can trust.

Rushia

cw8189 said:
Florida

Yes it was protected sex...and yes i am a 14 year old girl useing my older brothers login...because he is the only one i can trust.
Are you on pills? Did bf use a condom? You do realize that neither of these are 100% effective against either pregnancy or disease? I will repeat and AHA said it better than I did. Worry about your health before your parents displeasure. Quite frankly, I hope they do find out. 14 year olds have no business having sex.

cw8189

Reply...

florida

he is 16 years old and their is no reason to call him skanky.....we have been with eachother for a year now...and it was our decision.....not just his....i am sure i am not the only person who decided to have sex at this age. We used protection, as a 16 year old who does not have std's or who has never had sex....do i have the right to privacy

Rushia

cw8189 said:
florida

he is 16 years old and their is no reason to call him skanky.....we have been with eachother for a year now...and it was our decision.....not just his....i am sure i am not the only person who decided to have sex at this age. We used protection, as a 16 year old who does not have std's or who has never had sex....do i have the right to privacy
How do YOU know that he never had sex before? Just because he told you so? If you were both virgins and you sincerely believed that then why would you be experiencing "symptoms"?

cw8189 said:
florida

I can not tell you if you have actual Doctor-Patient privacy rights. Maybe Rmet or Ellence will come along and chime in.

I do however believe that you should notify your parents of your symptoms. It does sound like it is possible that you have an STD. Even if it is not an STD, you may very well need your parent's guidance and support.

Protection can fail. It is not 100% guaranteed that it will prevent pregnancy or STDs.

IT is time to grow up and open communication between yourself and family...in the end (and I don't mean death) it may be all you have.

AHA

cw8189 said:
their is no reason to call him skanky.....
FYI, the correct grammar would have been "there", not "their".

If he gave you an STD than hell yeah, he's as skanky as can be. If you haven't had sex with anyone else and it turns out you are infected by a sexual condition than you must have gotten it from him.
Learn quickly that teen boys will tell teen girls ANYTHING to get them to spread their legs.

Go to the doctor, answer truthfully, get tested for everything under the sun (stay away from bf's genitals and fingers, some boys don't wash their hands very often and we all know that boys play with themselves every day and that could also transfer bacteria and infections, until the results are back) and take it from there.

It's sad that you have such a bad relationship/communication with your parents that you can't talk about your health with them. That might be something you should spend some time working on with them. They are going to be in your life longer than any bf.

Rushia

I took that one post to mean that they were both virgins....I still want to know how she believes that she has "symptoms" if that were the case??!!

AHA

Rushia said:
I took that one post to mean that they were both virgins....I still want to know how she believes that she has "symptoms" if that were the case??!!
Since OP herself made the connection between the sex and now having symptoms, there's more to this story than told here.

Rushia

AHA said:
Since OP herself made the connection between the sex and now having symptoms, there's more to this story than told here.
That's what I'm trying to find out. It makes no sense.

AHA

Rushia said:
That's what I'm trying to find out. It makes no sense.
That's the pitfall of teens engaging in acts that they know nothing about how to handle. It's a shame really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">