• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

14 year old / possible probation violations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ntpwwjd1

Colorado - Probation - Extended Family / Arizona - Father - Brother

14 year old got into trouble for the second time and is on probation. Due to a divorce mom took care of 14 year old and both had virtually no contact with extended family of fathers side. After 9 years extended family including father are coming back into the picture. Come to find out some members of extended family in CO seem to have warrants and also a brother in AZ. At least thats what the online records show from the court house which seem to be legit (it says open warrant). What kinda consequenses could there be for the 14 year old (doesnt know whats going on with family) and mom (she knows about the warrants) to be around the extended family?

Mom doesnt want to get involved nor does she want her son to get into more trouble.

ntpwwjd1

Ok I can do that**************....lol
I'm asking for a friend so I only have limited information**************

14 year old is on probation and hasnt seen his father or his fathers family in a long long time. Mom is worried and did some research and found out that several family members have warrants for their arrests. The 14 year old wants to see dad and family now which mom is not oppose to till she found out about the warrants and is worried that her child is getting cought up in the middle of this. Mom only has control over what happens in her state but father moved out of state and there is also a family member that has a warrant.

Can the kid get into trouble when the police finally catches up with those people and arrests them and the kid is there in the house?

ntpwwjd1

Ohiogal

I understand that and currently well all those years we've been divorced dear ex has never really exercised his parenting time. Several times he tried to file contempts on me which resulted in supervised parenting time for him and he didnt follow tru with that either. The order was established in CO and ex moved to AZ.

So my question still stands-can my child get into trouble with probation even though he doesnt know about his extended family members having warrants (failure to appear in court) out? On the other hand what are my legal obligations to society....should I turn them in....the whole family is so messed up and my kids would hate me if they found out that they got arrested because of me cause they have so little contact with them as is. Honestly I only worry about my kid**************its just all the way around a sticky situation.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
First of all your son will need permission from his probation officer to travel outside the state. So you inform his probation officer of the situation. Then go to court and ask that visitation be suspended due to the situation. Understood?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">