• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

14-year-old violated curfew

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

EarlT

What is the name of your state? Arizona

My 14-year-old son snuck out of the house at 2 a.m., and police caught him climbing on the roof of a school. The only charge against him is violation of the Phoenix curfew code. A date has been set for him to appear in court.

He has never been in trouble before -- nor have I -- so we don't know what to expect or what to do.

I assume that there's no reason to hire a lawyer? I assume that, since he's guilty, he should plead guilty? Are there things we should say and do in front of the judge to minimize the penalties? What kind of penalties might we expect?

Thank you.

Happy Trails

EarlT said:
What is the name of your state? Arizona

My 14-year-old son snuck out of the house at 2 a.m., and police caught him climbing on the roof of a school. The only charge against him is violation of the Phoenix curfew code. A date has been set for him to appear in court.

He has never been in trouble before -- nor have I -- so we don't know what to expect or what to do.

I assume that there's no reason to hire a lawyer? I assume that, since he's guilty, he should plead guilty? Are there things we should say and do in front of the judge to minimize the penalties? What kind of penalties might we expect?

Thank you.
Most likely it will be a fine around $25.

Since it is a city ordinance, "Google" your city and the word curfew.

Example--Tucson curfew... The fine for a curfew violation is $25 for the first violation, up to ...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">